I’ll show you how to use SEO with WordPress Software and will intoduce some of the available SEO Plugins
On The Importance And Usage Of Meta Tags page, you could see how to optimize simple HTML pages from SEO aspect. Because not everybody is familiar with coding HTML – however, gaining basic experience is more than suggested -, people frequently use blogging software to create their blogs. WordPress software is my favorite without doubt. This site – you are currently on – has been made with applying the newest WordPress software. This software is entirely free, and you can download it on www.Wordpress.org without any charge at any time. On the other hand, not only the software is free, but you can find several thousand supplementary plug-ins on their official site. Additionally, making a WordPress blog site is not as difficult as you’d think: comparing to the traditional sites it can be considered to a pushover. But, how to use SEO with WordPress? We’ll see it right now. First of all, the basics:
How to use WordPress software?
The answer of this question is beyond the content of this site, so I’ve created a standalone site to show it to you: How Can I Make A Blog – How To Create A WordPress Blog. Please visit it if you are interested.
A. What kind plug-ins are available to reach good SEO results with WordPress software?
As I’ve mentioned it before, there are many plug-ins available. However, the developers of WordPress software state that it is not necessary to use special methods to reach good results, I suggest you trying and using some. Why? Only examine the results without and with the recommended plug-ins and you will see it immediately. So, in my opinion it is necessary to apply some of them.
1. The first plugin I’d like to mention is SEO Ultimate WordPress Plugin.
I use it in the most cases. You can visit their official site: http://www.seodesignsolutions.com/wordpress-seo/ and download or auto-install via their service the plug-in, or you can do it yourself within you WP blog following the process:
Plugins>Add New>Search>SEO Ultimate>Install>Activate.
I’d like to show you how to use this plug-in, explaining its some important features. Now, let’s see a quick overview and setup. You’ll find my suggestions in brackets ():
The Dashboard. It is the place where you can find all features.
a. Modules: You can toggle (on/off) various Modules. I recommend you to visit this section first, check the status of all modules and switch on all of them.
b. 404 Monitor: it is very useful because it displays all 404 (Not Found) errors and you can customize it as well. Why is it useful? You can detect even hacker attacks with it. If you experiment unconventional behavior such as 100’s of 404 errors within a very short period of time, it may mean that you site is attacked. After analyzing you can clear the current error-log.
c. Code Inserter: You can insert custom codes – e.g. Google, Alexa, Bing tracking codes, etc. – into you <head></head>, before and after an Item Content or Footer section,
d. Deeplink Juggernaut: Content and Footer Linking, e.g. “The Content Links section of Deeplink Juggernaut lets you automatically link a certain word or phrase in your post/page content to a URL you specify.”
e. File Editor: you can edit your site’s robots.txt and .htaccess files. Be careful with any modifications!
f. Link Mask Generator: you can define link masks.
g. Meta Descriptions: the Description tags of your site and even every single page. Note: if you want to use your custom Description, uncheck the following line: “Blog Homepage section >Use this blog’s tagline as the default homepage description. (the default is Yes, select No that is uncheck it)”
h. Meta Keywords: the keywords of your site generally and assigned to pages and posts.
i. Meta Robot Tags: noindex/nofollow attributes for your site, pages and posts.
j. Open Graph: Open Graph Integrator applying your site parameters, Facebook App ID and Twitter Handle.
k. Title Tag Rewriter: you can define how your blog, page titles appear on the browsers. To change it is suggested for the more experienced bloggers only.
l. Whitepapers: This section is their blog post content. I consider it to useful to read.
m. Miscellaneous: Other settings such as Canonicalizer, Linkbox Inserter, More Link Customizer, Nofollow Manager, Permalink Tweaker, Rich Snippet Creator, Sharing Facilitator, Slug Optimizer, Webmaster Verification Assistant for various verification codes (Google and Bing).
My suggested setting for Canonicalizer:
“Canonical URL Generation: Generate <link rel=”canonical” />meta tags=Yes; Send rel=”canonical” HTTP headers=Yes
Canonical URL Scheme: Use http:// or https:// depending on how the visitor accessed the page=Yes
Automated 301 Redirects: Redirect requests for nonexistent pagination=Yes”
It was a suggestion only, you can change it for your taste as well. The more setting are also up to you.
Don’t forget to save your changes before leaving the page!
During writing this article I decided to show you SEO Ultimate plugin at work, so I’ve created a simple presentation about it on YouTube. You can follow the steps from A-Z how to optimize a brand new WordPress site – the “progenitor” of this current site, http:://xdsellers.com/search-engine-optimization – from its born from the scratch. Those, who have already read The Importance And Usage Of Meta Tags page on this site, can remember the mentioned script such as http://xdsellers.com/seotest/seo4.html. I used this simple page’s content as the base for creating the new site.
Please watch the video, I’ve made it for you!
2. There is another useful plug-in, it is called All-In-One SEO WordPress Plugin.
This plugin is also very useful if you want to make a complete SEO Process. You can download it from their Official Page: http://semperfiwebdesign.com/, or can install from within your WP blog:
Plugins>Add New>Search>All In One SEO>Intall>Activate.
Now, let’s see a quick overview and setup. You’ll find my suggestions in brackets ():
The Dashboard. Its Dashboard seems to be very simple, but you can find all features you would need. Let’s see them.
a. General Settings:
– “I enjoy this plugin and have made a donation: (Up to you, Yes); Canonical URL Yes/No (My suggestion: Yes); Use Original Title: Enable/Disable (You decide); Log important events: Yes/No (My suggestion: Yes)
– Home Page Settings: Home Title; Home Description; Home Keywords (comma separated)
– Keyword Settings: Use Keywords: Enable/Disable (My suggestion: Enable); Use Categories for META keywords: Yes/No (My suggestion: No); Use Tags for META keywords: Yes/No (My advice: Yes); Dynamically Generate Keywords for Posts Page: Yes/No (I suggest: Yes)
– Title Settings: Rewrite Titles Enable/Disable, Capitalization: Yes/No; Title Formats (My suggestion: handle this section with care . If you don’t know what to do, leave it untouched)
– SEO For Custom Post Types: Enable/Disable (My suggestion: if you use custom post then enable it. Default is also Enabled. Read the accompanied documentation first.)
– Display Settings: Mainly Admin settings what to display.
– Webmaster Verification Data for Google, Bing and Pinterest.
– Google Settings such as GPlus Profile and Enable/Disable it; Google Analytics Connection and ID.
– Noindex/Nofollow Attribute Settings: You can check/uncheck it for Pages, Posts, Media, etc.
– Advanced Settings: For advanced users. Read the Help section before any modifications.
Update your settings before leaving this page. You can restore the default data if you want as well.
– Data about the current status about your Server’s performance as Memory Limit, Raise Execution Time and Force Rewrites (leave it untouched if you don’t know what to do)
– System Status: Technical data about your current status
c. Feature Manager:
– Create and manage your XML Sitemaps using this feature and submit your XML Sitemap to Google, Bing/Yahoo and Ask.com. (My suggestion: you can use this option if you don’t use other plug-ins for this purpose such as Google Sitemap plug-in.)
– Social Meta: Activate this feature to add Social Meta data to your site to deliver closer integration between your website/blog and Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. (you can activate it if you don’t use WordPress Jetpack with the same features at the same time).
– Performance: Optimize performance related to SEO and check your system status. Default is: On.
– File Editor: Not available at this moment.
B. Besides applying your chosen WordPress SEO Plugin (any of them), don’t forget about your correct headings!
What is “headings“? Correct placing of H Tags – such as <H1></H1>; <H2></H2>; and so on – has a huge importance as you could see it before. Once I’ve summarized my ideas, so I’ll quote myself from my own How Can I Make A Blog Site:
“I am trying to emphasize the importance of knowing programming some of the web languages. However, our technological development is so sophisticated allowing to design a complete website with some clicks; you cannot avoid some manual interactions during building a web or blog site. If you are not aware of the meaning of e.g. <h1></h1> tag, you will not be able to change your title-structure or optimize it for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). There are several text editors and not every kind of them allows you to change you HTML structure or is capable of coping with this problem. Don’t travel so far, see only the widget section of your blog: if you want to place a simple advertisement within your widget, you know how to do import and integrate the given script into your TEXT area, because skipping this step could result in a misunderstandable, unworkable or failed layout, which will not be able to eligible to reach your desired aims. In order to prevent these failures you must pick up some programming knowledge. I considered the best way to tailoring a compilation from the contemporary video tutorial series for you, because this common knowledge of mankind can help you out from several situations, like this one. ” – Source: http://howcanimakeablog.com/self-improvement-and-do-it-yourself/
How to check our well-done SEO homework, concerning installing and using Worpdress SEO Plugins?
Nothing is easier: just go to my Meta Tag Analyzer And Search Engine Visibility Meter page (on this site), choose Free Meta Tag Analyzer and you’ll see the results immediately. If yo can see your chosen Title, Meta Description and Keywords together with a good Visibility Score, then you can be satisfied with your well-done work.
Conclusion and Summary of the SEO Process:
Now, following the way I’ve described above, you could see how to use SEO with WordPress software, within your blog.
I wish you endurance and good luck for your work!
P.S.: If you want to hire me to do this job for you, don’t hesitate to contact me. Thanks!
SEOprofiler is a cool web-based SEO software tool that helps you to get high rankings on Google, Yahoo and Bing. You can also check the backlinks, Google rankings and Google AdWords of any website for free. Just enter a domain name in the following search box:
Just another complex SEO Solution – SEO Rank Monitor (Try it for 14 Days FREE!):